Saturday, January 14, 2012

...You're a Nurse??

You're a Nurse? That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make? "WHAT DO I MAKE???" I make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. I make your child breathe when they stop. I can help your father survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 5am to make sure your mother has the medication she needs to live. I work all.......day to save the lives of strangers. I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your husband today is charted. I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday thru Friday. Today, I might save your life. I make a difference. What do you do??

1 comment:

tylerandtia said...

Ummmm....yeah! I love LOVE this!