Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Catching up


Well Anastyn will be 2 weeks old on Friday...The past 2 weeks a went by so fast I can't believe it. It has be wonderful to have Justin home for the past 2 weeks as well. It seems that in a since we have reconnected, I was nervous for us to be home together for the 3 weeks. We are not used to spending that much time together. He is the greatest father I could ever ask for, for our girls. He is so loving, patient, caring and compassionate. Even in the wee hours of the morning when he is up with Anastyn or Nyah. I love you, honey.
Nyah has really taken to her baby sister. She loves to hold and snuggle with her. She is very gentle with her, which I never would have imagined in a million years. When she gets up in the morning she starts asking for baby or "Annhin"(Nyah's pronunciation of Anastyn). She loves to help feed Anastyn or try to stick her binkie in her mouth. I can't wait until Anastyn is older to see them play together.

Anastyn had her 1 week check up and she is almost back to her birth weight. She has a some acid reflux that caused her to get thrush. The acid reflux has caused some late nights for us, she gets belly aches quit often from the reflux. She is very different than Nyah was as a newborn. Nyah we had to wake up at night to eat, Anastyn wakes up screaming wanting her bottle. Nyah we put in her crib from day one and Anastyn doesn't like to sleep in her room. She sleeps much better if Justin or I sleep on the couch with her. Anastyn loves to have something to suck on almost ALL the time, Ny we never gave a binkie to. Anastyn has brought much joy to our lives in the short time she has been with us. We wouldn't change a thing!

As for me...I feel a little behind this Holiday season. I did all my Christmas shopping for the girls and it is all wrapped but I still have be niece and nephew. Which I bought the stuff but it hasn't made it into a box to take to the post office. At this point I don't think it will make it till after the Holidays. I am starting to feel back to my old self, I am not near as sore as I was at the beginning of the week. I cleaned my house today which was great I felt like I did something more than just tend to the girls and sleep.

Some recent pictures of the girls...



Our family picture before Anastyn was born :0)

Just before we left the hospital
Anastyn ready for her 1st ride in the car
Ny and her "NoMan"
Daddy and his girls
Nyah loving on her sissy

3 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Love the post! I have been waiting for some pictures! I'm glad you are feeling a little better! I was bummed I wasn't working the other day when you popped in...and by the way, work just isnt the same without you! Enjoy your break anyhow! Hey- call me and let me know what time you are doing your thing tomorrow, if you still are! Take care- my u/s is Fri...I'll keep you posted!

tylerandtia said...

Oh my goodness! The whole family is so cute! I'm so glad you are feeling good! You looked amazing at the party! Nyah is such a cutie! I'm so glad she adjusted so well! You and Justin are such amazing parents!

Emilee Pierce said...

So cute, Em! I'm glad things are going well.